Sunday, March 14, 2010

What I'm currently reading.....

I decided to take a slight break from finishing Marjorie M. Liu's books (began Soul Song......also need to finish the last 2) and begin a Mer series I stumbled on thanks to a book review I saw on Facebook.  The author's name is Judi Fennell.  When I find an interesting author, I like to sign up for their newsletter.  So, I headed over to her site to 1) sign up for the newsletter and 2) to read more about her books.  After reading the blurbs on her website, I became even more intrigued.  I signed up for the newsletter and, to my surprise, I received an email from Mrs. Fennell herself.  We exchanged several more emails.  She is down-to-earth and gave me some great advice on how to do research but also on getting my own novel published.  She describes her books as fairy tales with a twist.  I began In Over Her Head this morning and will tell you, it's had me laughing out loud...which is a HUGE plus in my book.  What I've like so far about this book is Reel (yes that's his name and he has a twin brother named Rod) is totally different than the rest of his kind.  And yet, even though you know it bothers him, he doesn't let it run (and ruin) his life.  Okay....I'm off to try to read as much as I can before bed.  Oh, btw.....even though HCL does not have these books, you can request them through interlibrary loan, at least with the first 2.  I'm hoping I can get the 3rd one soon.  I've also requested the library purchase them.  I'll keep you posted on what they say.  :-)

She currently has three books in this series:

  • In Over Her Head
  • Deep Blue Under
  • Catch of a Lifetim

No comments:

Post a Comment